March 16, 2012

MY ENCOUNTER WITH FAILURE


That when Failure knocked the door,
I knew not how to behave,
Or to see his dreadful face,
in the most positive manner I'd ever known.

That when Failure knocked the door,
I quickly ran to shut the door,
But my inner conscience fought me,
For treating a guest with so much malice

That when Failure knocked the door,
I answered him, and looked up his dreadful face.
I shooed away his company, his friends-
namely Anger and Distress.

That when Failure knocked the door
I stood up straight on the floor
and tried my best to hide my contempt,
and put forward hospitality and preempt.

I welcomed him in, quite reluctantly,
and showed him around the house.
I took him to his room,
and provided him bread and loom.

The next day, earlier than day break,
Failure got up and left the house,
Leaving behind him a huge fortune as a token
Of his appreciation for my love and care.

Later, Years Later, when I walked
Into the palaces of the Greats,
I found them, to my amazement, made up
Of the same fortune left by my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment