December 10, 2010

In this beautiful world

I was walking back from school, and instead of choosing the stony dull roads, I chose to walk through the long ground that lay beside it. I put my first step on the curb, and a feeling of happiness, ecstasy and joy filled my mind. The winter sun shone above me, and the soft breeze rasped passed my face. Squirrels raced across the curb, and danced as they did so. Tiny birds overhead over were blazing their tiny trumpets, and the trees sprawled across my left side, obstructing any view of outer world on my left hand side. 

I had only walked a little distance when a strange, yet very beautiful sight struck me. I stood there staring at it for a few seconds.

On the upward side of the wall, a squirrel and a sparrow were dining on a feast of rice and bread. The squirrel used its tiny hand to pick up grains of rice, and then brought it close to its mouth and started pecking at it. I turned my sight to its head, and then to it's tail, and could stop myself, but marvel at the beauty of the creature.

I continued my walk, feeling a lot pleased with myself for choosing to take a walk in the park. I walked for a couple of minutes, and then stepped out of the park, my mind still thinking with the beauty of the park.

A little time later, I was surprised as i realized that ....

If two creatures belonging to different species, speaking in different speech tones, and worshiping different forms of god ( each visualizing god in its own figure ), could live in harmony , then why can't human, belonging to the same species, using the same speech tone, and visualizing god in the same form live together !!!


The realization, i guess, has sown seeds in me of harmony, compassion and the feeling of belonging together.



No comments:

Post a Comment